KaraFun Karaoke Player... Getting Started
Welcome to KaraFun karaoke playerKaraFun redefines the PC karaoke experience. Powerful and easy-to-use, KaraFun continually improves the playback and the creation of your karaoke songs. Seriously considering the user feedback, our development team works hard to grant your wishes and to offer you the best PC karaoke software. For many fans, KaraFun has become an important aspect of any karaoke party! We hope that KaraFun will give you a lot of fun and pleasure, and we will continue to share our passion!
The KaraFun Team
InstallationBefore installing KaraFun, check that:
After installing KaraFun, 4 windows are displayed on your screen: the main window, the control window, the karaoke library window and the display window when a track is being played.
First, you can check that KaraFun is correctly configured for your PC: right-click on the main window or click on the upper left corner to display the main menu, then click on Options. In the Audio / MIDI tabsheet, check that playback and recording devices are OK.
Karaoke player: the main window
(1) The main menu: which is common to the player, control and karaoke library windows. The main menu consists of the following items:
(2) The main display screen: displayed on the left is the title, the author and the year, and on the right the status (active, inactive, combined) of the different playback modes of the currently playing track.
(3) Track Slider: Move it to skip from one part of the track to another.
(4) Navigation buttons: go to the next or previous track in the playlist with the << and >> buttons. If the playlist is empty, pushing Play is like pushing the Eject button.
(5) Training Mode: this mode is optimized for an easy and customizable reading. It helps to become more familiar with the lyrics. You can modify the font type, size, style, text position and maximum lines count in the options.
(6) Text Highlighting Mode: There are two ways for highlighting text when the karaoke is playing: per blocks or gradually (line by line). The kind of highlighting may be defined in the KFN file, in that case, both of the BLOCKS and LINE lights are on.
(7) Syncs Mode: Allow you to be warned when the next syncs are coming. Each bubble means a synchronization, it makes it easy to know when you will have to sing again after a solo!
(8) Extra Tracks: by default, no guide is activated (note icon). An extra track can be a guide melody (guitar icon), a guide vocal (upper microphone icon) or your voice (upper microphone icon with note icon) if you've recorded it. All these additional tracks are mixed with the backing track. You can also reduce their volume level individually in the control window
(9) Volume slider: adjust the volume by moving it.
(10) Microphone Recording: click on the microphone button to activate the recording device set in the Audio/MIDI options. The recording device must be activated to click on the record button. Choose a song and sing! More info about voice recording...
Karaoke player: the karaoke library windowThis window contains both your playlist and the list of all your karaoke files and discs.
The left column allows you to access the playlist, the default song directory, My Documents and your local drives.
The right side fits according to the selections you've made on the left:
If you click on Play, the selected song will erase the current playlist and will play. Click on Enqueue to add the selected song at the end of the playlist.
You can get more information about the selected karaoke by clicking on the Info button. If the song doesn't have a background, you can apply one: either a jpeg image, or a karaoke preset. All the playback information is saved in a database ("played.db" file from the KaraFun Data folder).
Karaoke player: the control windowThis window allows you to modify in realtime the playback parameters of the song currently playing.
In the General section, you can:
In the Microphone section, you can test and adjust the input and output signal of your microphone.
In the Extra Tracks section, you can change various parameters of the additional active audio tracks (keynote button): change their volume, add echo effects, or activate the Automatic Guide Cancel (when a singer starts singing into the microphone, the guide melody stops, when the singer stops singing into the microphone, the guide comes back).
Karaoke player: the display windowIn order to change the current karaoke display, right-click on the display window or click on the upper left corner of the titlebar. The Display menu appears. You can:
Don't hesitate to customize your KaraFun files with these options. But most of all, have fun and sing some great songs!