We’re kicking off a short series of monthly blogs to give you the inside scoop about some of our biggest and brightest features, our most frequent questions and the need-to-know to get the most out of the KaraFun experience.
This month we're highlighting KaraFun's Offline Mode. So let's get down to it.
What is Offline Mode?
Syncing a song in offline means that you can access it even when you don’t have internet.
Doesn’t this mean that the song is downloaded?
Not quite. Downloading means that you can save a song to your computer / USB key / burned disk / iTunes etc. Since KaraFun is a streaming service and uses the internet, KaraFun syncs (you can think of this as it “remembers”) the songs for you and links them to your subscription.
When do I use Offline Mode?
Basically, offline mode comes in handy when you’re in a place where internet isn’t reliable or doesn’t exist.
How do I sync a song offline?
It depends on the device you are using.
- Windows / Mac: right click a song title and select Offline.
- iPhone / iPad: swipe a song to the left (blue cloud icon).
- Android: click on the three vertical dots to the right of a song and click on the cloud icon.
How do I know if a song is synced?
A blue dot or line next to the song title or image indicates that it has successfully been synced.
How many songs can I sync?
With any of our basic subscriptions you can sync up to 1,000 songs. Want it all? With a professional account you can! All 28,000+ songs at your fingertips.
Does it take up room on my device?
Each synced song takes about 5Mb of storage. Just to give you an idea, a 16Gb iPhone right out of the box can hold about 2,000 synced songs
I need space on my device?
No fret, you can un-sync a song in the same manner that you synced it, automatically freeing up space.
Did you know….?
- Our KaraFun iPhone / KaraFun iPad allows you to synch the most popular in one fell swoop. Just go to your KaraFun settings and click on Offline for this option.
- Our KaraFun Player for Windows allows you to sync your entire playlist in offline mode all at once. Just create your playlist, right-click on the title of it and click on Save Offline.
- When you sync a song it is synced to that device. (Don’t log out as your device won’t remember your synced songs).
- We save your synced songs for you even when you don’t have an active account, meaning that when you sign back up, you’re synced songs will be waiting for you!